Do you enjoy decorating your home for the holidays?
If you love setting out holiday decorations but hate putting them away, check out our EIGHT tips for creating a holiday storage system that works:
- Create a decorating theme and stick to it! When your decorating has a theme or colour scheme, items that no longer work are obvious. Either amend your theme or let the “orphans” go.
- Store only what you want, use and love! When you begin your decorating this year, and uncover items that no longer work for you, share or donate them immediately.
- Keep original packaging. Nothing protects fragile holiday decorations better than the original packaging.
- Store “like” with “like”. Store house decorations and tree decorations separately so you know where everything is when the urge to decorate comes over you.
- Use vertical space. Clear plastic shoeboxes work wonders for small, decorative items. Identical boxes can be stacked on a shelf or in a box to maximize storage space. Easy-to-see, easy-to-find!
- Create a Holiday Tool Kit. Have everything – ornament hooks, tape, wire cutters, extra lights, scissors and ribbon – in one place when you need it!
- Label everything. Decorating is meant to be fun, not a chore. When you have a system in place and everything is labeled, there are no surprises! You know where everything is when you are ready to get started.
- Set aside time. Schedule time for decorating and “de-decorating”. Create a holiday storage system this year and next year’s decorating will be more enjoyable.
Wishing you the BEST of the holiday season!
May 2017 bring you everything you’re hoping for…and more!
© Copyright HTMU 2017